Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Melted Chocolate Drizzle
Flour: 2 3/4 cups
Baking powder: 2 teaspoon
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Butter, softened: 3/4 cup
Olive oil: 1/2 cup
Dark brown sugar: 1 cup
Granulated sugar: 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract: 1 tablespoon
Buttermilk: 1 cup (if you don't have buttermilk, just squeeze the juice of 1 lime into 100 ml milk and allow it to rest for 3-4 minutes)
Chocolate chips: 3/4 cup
Dark chocolate, chopped: 250 gm
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Greased and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan thoroughly.
2. Sift and whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a hand blender for 3 to 5 minutes or until fluffy.
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
5. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack at least 30-40 minutes before you try and remove it. Follow the bundt tricks before removing.
8. As the cake gets cooled, melt the chocolate on a double boiler stirring occasionally and once unmoulded, drizzle it all over the cake.