Oven-Baked French Fries
I won't waste time writing about this. These are not things you write about. These are stuff that you make and devour. As simple as that. I don't need to introduce you to French Fries, so I won't. But I must introduce you to my blogger friend Sarani (who blogs at Cocoawind) who made these amazing French Fries possible with only 2 tsp oil. Yes, you read right. 2 tsp. I think I'm going to have this everyday, till I die. Really. You should too. It's that good. I made a huge batch of these, but gobbled them up by handfuls till only a minuscule amount was left to be photographed. Not my fault at all. I challenge you to make it and photograph every single stick of fry without popping a couple into your mouth in the process. Let me know if you accept the challenge!
Recipe adapted from Sarani's Cocoawind (find original recipe here)
Serves: 1 (if you are as greedy as me)
Potatoes : 2 big
Oilve Oil: 2 tsp + for greasing the baking parchment
Salt: to taste (I used garlic salt)
Black Pepper: 1/2 tsp
Red chilli flakes: 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 220º Celsius.
2. Oil the baking sheet thoroughly so that the potatoes don't stick to it while baking.
3. In a bowl, mix the oil, salt, black pepper and red chilli flakes.
4. Cut the potatoes in French Fries shape. Coat them well with the oil mix.
5. Now spread them on the baking sheet and bake for about 30-35 minutes. Halfway
through, take them out of the oven and turn them.
6. Serve hot, if you have any left right after you take it out of the oven.