Thai Tomato Soup
Thai red curry paste: 2 tsp
Coconut milk: 150 ml
Chicken stock/broth: 1 1/2 cups
Olive oil: 1 tsp
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to season
Sugar, a pinch
Cream (optional), for garnish
1. In a large pan, heat some water and put the tomatoes to simmer. When the skin shows a crack transfer them one by one to a bowl full of cold water. This will help you to peel off the skins easily. Roughly chop the peeled tomatoes and set aside.
2. In a deep-bottomed non-stick pan, add olive oil and the red curry paste and stir for 2 minutes. Now add the tomatoes, cover and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until soft and liquidy.
3. Add the chicken stock, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. You can use vegetable stock as well if you are a vegetarian.
4. Finally add the coconut milk, stir well, and adjust salt, pepper and sugar. Taste the soup before you add the salt because curry pastes mostly tend to have a high salt content.
5. Pour the soup in a blender and pulse till smooth and luscious.
6. Garnish with a dollop of cream and serve with crusty bread. Oh Thailand!