Baked Basa in Lemon Honey Sauce

I've always had Basa in fancy upmarket Delhi restaurants, and never did I know that the fish was available in Calcutta. Well, it exactly isn't available in the markets. But I did some homework and finally got my share from Republic of Chicken. Now basa can be baked in 10,000 different ways. I could stand here and immediately tell you about some of the most brilliant marinades in a jiffy. However, the first lot of the fillets I chose to bake in a lemon honey sauce. The pic I'm attaching is totally unpostworthy, but it's just to give you an idea about how the end product might roughly look like.



Serves: 2

Ingredients:

Basa fillets: 4-6
Garlic: 2 tsp
Garlic flakes: 1 tsp
Lemon, rind and juice: 1
Honey: 2 tbsp
Coriander/ Parsley: a handful
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to season
Olive oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Butter, melted: for brushing

Method:

1. Marinade the basa fillets with garlic, lemon (both juice and rind), honey, coriander, salt, pepper and olive oil. Cover with a cling film and refrigerate overnight.

2. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Lightly brush the fillets with melted butter and bake for 24 minutes, 12 minutes each side, or until done.

3. Serve with crusty artisan bread and soup.

Comments

Popular Posts