Pistachio Ice Cream (Eggless)
Heavy cream: 2 cups
Caster sugar: 6-7 tbsp
Pistachios, ground finely: 1/2 cup
Pistachio/Almond liqueur: 2 tbsp (I used Amaretto)
Chopped pistachios: for garnish
1. 30 minutes before you whip the cream put it in the freezer along with the container and the whisks of your hand blender.
2. When it is ready for whipping, keep the container on an ice bath and start whipping on the lowest speed. Continue to whip for 10 minutes till soft peaks form.
3. Add the sugar a tbsp at a time as you keep on whisking. Once the entire sugar is mixed, add the groud pistachios in a similar fashion.
4. Your whipped cream should now wear a pale green look. Now add the pistachio/almond liqueur. You can add a teensy bit of green food colouring if you want to, but I stay away from artificial colours in general.
5. After you whisk the cream for 18-20 minutes and it multiplies in volume and looks soft and fluffy, put the entire thing in an airtight container and keep in the freezer for 24 hours. You'll be surprised how well they set by the end of it.
6. Dig out scoops of ice cream and serve with chopped pistachios on top. (I didn't as I ran out of them)
If you like what you see here, don't forget to hop on to my Facebook page and click the "Like" button. All Guilt Free posts will reach you in your newsfeed. :)