Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks
But there's one thing about driving in the afternoon. It's hot. Contrary to whatever rosy things people might have to say about Bangalore weather, it does get hot! And it comes as no surprise that the driving school wouldn't allow the AC to be switched on in their car. So by the time I'm back, I'm fairly exhausted. And the only thing that can save you at that hour is a bowl of this fruity and super refreshing Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream with Chocolate chunks. It's creamy, it's sweet, it's tart, it's chocolatey, AND it's frozen. Do you really need something else in this weather?
Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream with Chocolate ChunksRecipe inspired by Sugar Et Al
Heavy cream: 500 ml
Condensed Milk: 400 ml
Frozen Raspberries: 200 gm
Raspberry Preserve: 5-6 tbsp
Dark Chocolates, broken roughly into chunks: 200 gm
Vanilla Bean Paste: 1 tsp
1. Place a big bowl in an ice bath. Put the cream and vanilla into it and beat with a hand blender for 3-4 minutes.
2. Now gradually add the condensed milk and beat for another 7-8 minutes or until thick but not overtly firm.
3. Add the frozen raspberries and chocolate chunk and fold in. Now add the raspberry preserve and lightly swirl it throughout the mixture.
4. Tumble the mixture into a large loaf tin, wrap with a cling film and freeze for 4-5 hours or better still, overnight.
5. Bring the ice cream down to the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. Scoop out into roundels and serve, drizzled with chocolate sauce and colourful sprinkles.
If you like what you see here, don't forget to hop on to my Facebook page and click the "Like" button. All Guilt Free posts will reach you in your newsfeed. :) You can also follow me on Instagram at pritha_guilt free