Flour: 150 gm
Butter: 70 gm
Parmesan cheese, grated: 100 gm
Egg yolk: 1
1. Plonk in all your ingredients in the bowl of a mixer and mix till a dough forms. Take it out on a flat surface and knead it for 4-5 minutes till it takes shape and is smooth to touch.
2. Divide the dough into two and roll them in the shape of a cylinder. With a clingfilm, wrap the dough-cylinders, twisting the ends, and let them rest in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray with baking parchment. Set aside.
4. Now take the dough-cylinders out of the fridge, unwrap the clingfilm and cut them up into 1cm slices. Arrange on the baking parchment.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes but start checking from 15 minutes. Bring them out of the oven when they turn golden at the edges and let cool on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes.
6. Pop them directly into your mouth or enjoy these with a cup of tea/coffee or even with some wine.
If you like what you see here, don't forget to hop on to my Facebook page and click the "Like" button. All Guilt Free posts will reach you in your newsfeed. :)
You may also like these recipes with cheese
You may also like these European/Continental recipes
You may also like these Italian recipes
You may also like these Snacks recipes
Also, I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss out on some mouth-watering goodies at the second annual bakers' showcase organised by the Kolkata Food Bloggers on March 13.