Mango Lime Mint Popsicles and Mango Lemonade, I decided to rustle up a Kiwi Mojito. I had a glass at 1.30 in the afternoon (judge me not, I'm at office till midnight leaving me only the afternoon to get drunk!) but apathetic to alcohol that I am, it contained barely 15-20 ml rum. So you're totally free to spruce up the rum content but of course drink responsibly, especially if you're driving after that.
Limes: 4 (1 juiced and 3 cut into thin round slices)
Mint sugar syrup: 4 tbsp (or more depending upon you desired level of sweetness, you
can find the recipe of the mint sugar syrup here)
Fresh mint leaves: 15-20 (plus for garnish)
Kiwi, peeled and cut into round slices: 2
White rum: 60 ml (I used Bacardi)
Club soda: 1 cup
Ice cubes: The more the merrier
1. In a cocktail shaker add the juice of one lime, the mint sugar syrup and stir to mix. Now add half of the kiwi and lime slices and the mint leaves and muddle away to glory. This is good arm exercise, so do it for a while till the oil from the mint leaves is released and the mixture releases aroma.
2. Check for tartness and add a little bit of mint sugar syrup if you so wish. Shake the entire mixture for 30 seconds or stir well. Discard the rinds of the lime.
3. Take two glasses and fill them up with ice cubes one half way up. Line the sides of the glass with 2-3 slices of kiwi and lime each.
4. Now first pour in the rum, equally dividing it into 2 glasses. Divide the lime-kiwi-mint mix and then top it up with club soda. You can play with the amount of rum depending upon your affinity towards alcohol!
5. Garnish with kiwi and lime wedges and fresh mint leaves (my mint was no longer fresh!) and serve.