Pasta in Tomato-Meat Sauce
Pasta of your choice: 250 gm (I used a combination of Penne and Fussili)
Pork sausages: 5-6
Paprika: 1 tsp
Onion, chopped finely: 1
Garlic, chopped finely: 1 tbsp
Tomatoes, chopped roughly: 4
Oregano, dried: 1/2 tsp
Chilli flakes: 1/2 tsp
Paprika: 1/2 tsp
Honey: 1 tbsp
Milk: 1/2 cup (optional)
Salt: to taste
Black pepper: 2/4 tsp
Olive oil: 1 tsp
Parmesan cheese: 4 tbsp
1. In a large pot, heat water for pasta (1 litre per 100 gm). Once it starts boiling, add the pasta with a little salt, cover and let cook on low medium heat according to package instructions or till its al dente. Drain once done. Reserve a cup of the water.
2. Remove the skin of the sausages and crumble them by hand. In a non-stick pan, add the sausages and cook them on medium heat till they start to release oil/far. Add a tsp of olive oil if required.
3. Add the paprika, salt and pepper, cook for another minute.
4. Now add the onions and garlic and saute till they are translucent. This will take roughly 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, oregano, red chilli flakes and honey and simmer covered on medium heat for 15 minutes or so. Keep stirring in between. Add a little bit of the pasta water.
6. Add the parmesan and stir well. If you are using milk, add it now and simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Add the pasta into the sauce and mix well. Taste for seasoning. Garnish with parmesan and serve.
If you like what you see here, don't forget to hop on to my Facebook page and click the "Like" button. All Guilt Free posts will reach you in your newsfeed. :)