|Moi at the ANZAC War Memorial, Hyde Park, Sydney|
All-purpose flour: 1 cup
Rolled oats: 1 cup ( I used muesli because that is what I had in hand)
Caster sugar: 3/4 cup
Desiccated coconut: 1 cup
Butter: 75 gm
Golden syrup: 2 tbsp
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Boiling water: 2 tbsp
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats/muesli, sugar and coconut. Set aside.
2. In a small cup, melt butter and the golden syrup together in the microwave. It'll take roughly 40-50 seconds.
3. In another cup/bowl, dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Now add this to the butter mixture and stir till combined.
4. Now add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
6. With an ice-cream scoop, drop the dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart as the cookies will spread considerably. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
If you like what you see here, don't forget to hop on to my Facebook page and click the "Like" button. All Guilt Free posts will reach you in your newsfeed. :)