Pumpkin and Potato Soup
Pumpkin and Potato SoupServes: 4
Pumpkin, chopped roughly: 300 gm
Onion, finely chopped: 1
Potatoes, boiled and cubed: 2
Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Chicken/vegetable stock: 3 cups
Butter: 1 tsp
Olive oil: 1 tsp
Nutmeg: a pinch
Cinnamon powder: a pinch
Salt, to taste
Pepper powder, to taste
Dill: 2 tbsp (I used dried)
Dried cranberries: 1 tbsp (for garnish)
1. In a deep-bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped onions and lightly fry till translucent. Add garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the chopped boiled potatoes and pumpkin. Let them cook for sometime on slow heat. Keep adding the stock from time to time. After each addition, bring to a boil, and then lower and continue cooking covered.
3. Add salt and pepper, cinnamon powder and nutmeg and cook till the veggies are done.
4. Now let the soup cool. Pulse the entire thing in a blender till smooth and creamy. Reheat in the same saucepan. Add the spoonful of butter and dill.
5. Serve hot with a garnish of dill and dried cranberries.
If you like what you see here, don't forget to hop on to my Facebook page and click the "Like" button. All Guilt Free posts will reach you in your newsfeed. :)