A Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

Yes, I am the culprit. I am to be blamed for one half of the cookie you don't see in the picture. This was inevitable, the natural outcome of entering the kitchen after a good 7-8 days.
The past one week has been harrowing for me to say the least. My grandmother had been hospitalised and I have been crippled with joint pain (which my mother suspects is arthritis) that, of all places, has chosen to mercilessly attack my right hand finger joints. As a result my kitchen activities have also come to a standstill.
Last night, while watching Masterchef Australia, I decided that enough is enough and I must turn the gas on once, even if to make a jazzed up version of maggi. But there was no maggi or wai wai in my pantry. Also, I was having one of those sugar cravings. Suddenly I remembered of this huge single chocolate chip cookie that I had read about in a blog. My fingers were too tired and numb to allow me surf the Web and get to the blog for the proper recipe. So I used my own sense of proportion and came out with this. Now, as always, I made this cookie at 1.30 in the morning. And I made just one cookie. Yes, one. My blogger-instinct told me to tuck it away till morning, photograph it in broad daylight and then embark on the devouring bit. But the foodie in me is not that docile. Whoever bakes a giant cookie only to shove it inside the goddamn fridge and go off to sleep? Not me. So I decided to take a tiny bite. And then another. And then another. Until I saw half of the cookie disappear in front of my eyes. It was chewy and gooey and soft and completely heavenly. But I did not have a second cookie to fall back upon. So I had to pull my reigns before the entire thing vanished into thin air. 
So you have the story behind the half-eaten cookie? Good. Now on to the recipe.
Recipe inspired and partly adapted from Cooking Classy

Serves: 1

Ingredients

Butter: 2 tbsp
Brown sugar: 2.5 tbsp
Salt: a pinch
Whisked egg: 2 tbsp
Vanilla extract: 1/4 tsp
Flour: 3.5 tbsp
Baking soda: 1/5 tsp
Chocolate chips: 2 tbsp

Method:

1. In a microwave safe bowl, place butter and heat for 30 seconds or until nearly melted. Stir it to allow it to fully melt.

2. To melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, egg, vanilla, flour and baking soda and stir with a spoon until well combined. Mix 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.

3. Shape the dough into a 3 inch disk on a parchment paper covering a baking tray/plate. In the meantime, preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Bake the dough for 14-16 minutes (baking time may vary according to oven), until cookie is golden. The cookie is not meant to be hard and snappy but chewy and soft. Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack. You can also ladle a scoop of vanilla ice cream on it and pour some chocolate sauce for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae. :)


Comments

Popular Posts