Roasted Walnut, Potato and Olive Salad
I don't know how high this would be rated in terms of losing weight. It's mostly loaded with potatoes (starch...starch...starch!!!). But again, it's light in the dressing department. No greasy mayo or oodles of butter or packaged dressing. Plain and simple honey, mustard and olive oil...and voila! There you go! Feel free to add gherkins or chives for that touch of green. Fruits like pineapple or grapes would also provide a welcome burst of flavour!
Potatoes, boiled and cubed: 3 large
Walnuts, chopped: a handful (you can add more if you want)
Olives, halved: 12-15
Olive bran: 2 tbsp
Honey: 2 tbsp
English mustard: 1 tsp
Olive oil: 1 tsp
Garlic Salt, to taste
Pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 200º C and roast the walnuts for 5-7 till golden.
2. In a large bowl, tip the potato cubes, walnuts and olives.
3. In another small bowl, add the honey, mustard, olive oil, garlic salt and pepper and beat till well mixed.
4. Pour it over the potatoes and toss well.
5. Serve it at room temperature or refrigerate and have it cold later.