Eggless Mango Pudding Cake
For now, back to this cake. And oh, did I mention it's also butterless?
For the cake:
Mangoes, pureed: 3
Flour: 180 gm
Yoghurt: 1/2 cup
Olive/ Vegetable oil: 3/4 cup
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Caster Sugar: 3/4 cup (or depending upon the sweetness of the mangoes)
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Milk: 3-4 tbsp
For the frosting:
Mango, pureed: 1
Whipping Cream: 200 ml
Sugar: If needed
1. In a bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add yoghurt and sugar into the mango puree and blend using a hand blender. Add oil and continue mixing till smooth and fluffy.
3. Put away the blender and add flour gradually folding it into the batter until just combined. Add the milk bit by bit to loosen the consistency. It should be of ribbon-like consistency.
4. Preheat oven to 180º Celsius and line a round cake tin with baking parchment. Butter the base and sides thoroughly.
5. Pour the batter inside the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes till a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to rest on wire rack for 10-15 minutes before unmoulding it. The cake might deflate a bit once taken out of the oven.
6. Now turn the cake upside down and very carefully remove the parchment. Let it cool completely and in the meantime make the cream frosting.
well. Whisk till it is smooth. Refrigerate with a cling film for 1-2 hours.
8. Now spread a layer of the frosting on the cake and coat the sides as well. It can be uniform or erratic...doesn't really matter. Refrigerate again for another 4-5 hours.