Watermelon Lime Vodka Cocktail

I am hopelessly ignorant when it comes to making cocktails. Neither do I have much idea as to how a good cocktail should taste like. Foodie that I am, my alcohol knowledge is extremely deplorable and not at all worth writing about. Now I do keep a few alcohol bottles in my cabinet for cooking purposes, but they have hardly been consumed on their own. But then one day I saw a big, fat watermelon in the fridge and immediately remembered the watermelon yoghurt cocktail that Antar da had made for us once. I didn't have yoghurt on me, so decided to go without it. I love watermelon. It is my favourite fruit along with pineapples, kiwis and strawberries. I was sure that anything to do with watermelon would taste good. And yes, it did! I have no clue whether it was authentic or not, but as long as it tastes the way it did, who cares?

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

Watermelon, deseeded and frozen for 4-5 hours: Half
Lime, juiced: 2
Vodka: 100 ml
Brown sugar: 4-5 tbsp
Mint leaves: a handful

Method:

1. Let the frozen watermelon rest on the counter for 10-15 minutes after taking it out of the freezer. Then pulse in the mixer till smooth. Set aside.

2. Take the brown sugar, mint leaves and a few drops of water and make a smooth liquidy paste.

3. Now add the brown sugar mix to the watermelon juice and stir till blended. Squeeze in the lime juice and stir again. At this stage you may strain the juice to make it more elegant and crystal clear. But I love the thickness of watermelon juice, hence I skipped the process.

4. In a shaker, add the watermelon juice mix and the vodka and shake briefly for a minute or so.

5. Pour in glasses and garnish with mint leaves. (My mint leaves had wilted in the heat and were totally unworthy of garnish!) Also use fancy glasses please. I'm not a cocktail drinker. Hence I have no cocktail glasses in my possession. :(

Comments

Popular Posts