Watermelon Lime Vodka Cocktail
Watermelon, deseeded and frozen for 4-5 hours: Half
Lime, juiced: 2
Vodka: 100 ml
Brown sugar: 4-5 tbsp
Mint leaves: a handful
1. Let the frozen watermelon rest on the counter for 10-15 minutes after taking it out of the freezer. Then pulse in the mixer till smooth. Set aside.
2. Take the brown sugar, mint leaves and a few drops of water and make a smooth liquidy paste.
3. Now add the brown sugar mix to the watermelon juice and stir till blended. Squeeze in the lime juice and stir again. At this stage you may strain the juice to make it more elegant and crystal clear. But I love the thickness of watermelon juice, hence I skipped the process.
4. In a shaker, add the watermelon juice mix and the vodka and shake briefly for a minute or so.
5. Pour in glasses and garnish with mint leaves. (My mint leaves had wilted in the heat and were totally unworthy of garnish!) Also use fancy glasses please. I'm not a cocktail drinker. Hence I have no cocktail glasses in my possession. :(