Mixed Meat Pasta in Creamy Chicken Sauce (Zero Oil)
I gather you can also freeze it and have if cold. It should taste good. I never had the opportunity to test that because the pasta was gone as soon as it hit the plates! If you do in fact decide to have it cold, let me know how it tasted!
Pasta of your choice: 200 gm (I used Farfalle)
Bacon, sliced: 2 rashers
Pork sausages, case removed and crumbled into a mince: 4
Chicken sausages, cut into roundels: 4
Peas, boiled: 100 gm (No need to boil if you're using frozen ones)
Packaged Creamy chicken soup: 1/2 packet
Rice wine vinegar: 1 tsp
Olive oil, for boiling pasta: 1/2 tsp (omit this if you're really serious about the zero-oil bit)
Salt, to taste
Oregano, for seasoning
Red Chilli Flakes, for seasoning
Tabasco sauce, a dash
1. In a big container put water along with salt and olive oil. Add pasta when water starts boiling. Cook according to packet instructions till al dente.
2. In a non-stick saucepan, saute the bacon and pork mince till they release oil and cook in their own oil. After 2-3 minutes add the chicken sausages. Cook over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add the peas and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Now add the soup mixture directly into the pan along with a cup of water. Stir to combine everything and thicken the sauce.
4. Drain the pasta once done but set aside 3/4 cup of the water and add it to your gravy. Continue to stir till you reach the desired consistency.
5. Add the pasta and mix thoroughly. Add vinegar and oragano and chilli flakes and mix. Taste the pasta first and add salt only if you need.
6. Take off the heat, add a dash of Tabasco and serve.