A Dessert A Week Challenge: January-April Round-up

The last one month I've been losing track of time and failing to keep records. Blame it on the heatwave. We are almost through Baisakh (the first month of the new year in Bengali calender) yet there's no sign of Kalbaisakhi (Nor'westers). My dessert challenge has taken a beating with me missing out a week completely and repeating a dessert for another week. That makes me lag behind by two weeks. I'll make up, don't worry. I can go to any extent to get my sweet tooth satiated. Let me, in the meanwhile, round up all those darlings that had featured as parts of my dessert challenge. It'll give me clarity and you a concise list. A win-win situation.

Note: I had started my blog in February and devised my dessert a week plan in March. So technically January and February should not feature in this list. But I noticed when I started my challenge that the number of desserts I had made in those two months was exactly equal the number of weeks that was there. Coincidence. So I thought of including those two months as well. Full 12 months is so much cooler! :)

January:
Week 1: Devil's Food Cake
Week 2: Blueberry Pancakes with Cream
Week 3: Bitter Orange Cake with Orange Caramel Drizzle
Week 4: Lemon Cake with Tangy Lemon Syrup
Week 5: Banoffee Pie

February
Week 6: Strawberry Panna Cotta
Week 7: Snickers Cake
Week 8: Strawberry Cake
Week 9: Almond Cake with White Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze

March:
Week 10: White Chocolate Mousse Cake with Butterscotch and Chocolate Chips
 Week 11: Kaju Phirni
Week 12 and 13: Nutella Mug Cake and Chocolate Butterscotch Balls

April: 
Week 14: Chocolate Phirni with Nuts
Week 15: Lemon Cake repeated. Not one, not two, but three. food festival obligations. :(

Week 16: Blueberry Cherry Double Chocolate Brownies
Week 17: Blank. To be filled up posthumously and posted. Watch this space.

Week 18: Tiramisu Trifles
Phew. 17 desserts in 18 weeks (16, if you don't count the lemon cake repetition). I'll definitely make up for one, and wholeheartedly try to make up for two. Let's see how the Sun God plays along!
It's May already and the game is very much on!

Comments

Popular Posts