Mexican Sausage Rice
Cooked rice (white or brown): 2 cups
Pork sausages, diced: 3-4
Red bell pepper, sliced: 1
Onion, sliced: 1
Tomato, diced: 1
Garlic paste: 1 1/2 tsp
Paprika: 1 tsp
White wine vinegar: 2 tsp
Olive oil: 2 tsp
Salt, to taste
Coriander/parsley leaves, for garnish
1. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and light fry the sausages till golden brown. Keep aside.
2. In the same oil, add the onion and saute. After 2 minutes add garlic and saute some more but don't burn the onion.
3. Add the red bell peppers and cook till semi-soft.
4. Now add the fried sausages, salt, paprika, vinegar and stir fry on high heat.
5. Add the cooked rice and coat it well with the sausage mixture. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if you think the rice is too dry.
6. Now add chopped tomatoes and stir for a couple of minutes.
7. Pour it on a serving bowl and garnish with coriander/ parsley.