Mexican Sausage Rice

The most strenuous part of my day is when I finish my lunch and plan what to cook for dinner. I eat my dinner in office so that has to be cooked, cooled and packed right after I finish lunch. And it's often that during such times I throw my hands up and pack for dinner whatever leftover I had from lunch. But thanks to this incredibly simple rice dish, a Gordon Ramsay original, you can utilise your excess rice and at the same time give it a Mexican twist. And all in 10 minutes! If you tend to steer clear of spicy food, I'd advise you to reduce the paprika content or better still eliminate it altogether to make the dish receptive to your taste buds. But it's meant to be spicy, tangy, red hot and full of pork-y goodness. And for those who don't eat pork, go ahead and substitute it with chicken sausages.

Recipe adapted from Gordon Ramsay

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

Cooked rice (white or brown): 2 cups
Pork sausages, diced: 3-4
Red bell pepper, sliced: 1
Onion, sliced: 1
Tomato, diced: 1
Garlic paste: 1 1/2 tsp
Paprika: 1 tsp
White wine vinegar: 2 tsp
Olive oil: 2 tsp
Salt, to taste
Coriander/parsley leaves, for garnish

Method:

1. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and light fry the sausages till golden brown. Keep aside.

2. In the same oil, add the onion and saute. After 2 minutes add garlic and saute some more but don't burn the onion.

3. Add the red bell peppers and cook till semi-soft.

4. Now add the fried sausages, salt, paprika, vinegar and stir fry on high heat.

5. Add the cooked rice and coat it well with the sausage mixture. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if you think the rice is too dry.

6. Now add chopped tomatoes and stir for a couple of minutes.

7. Pour it on a serving bowl and garnish with coriander/ parsley.


Comments

Popular Posts